Most adults rely on digital calendars now and one of the most popular digital calendars is Google Calendar. To make sure that people can utilize Allo’s collaborative calendar instantly without having to change any of the existing workflows, Allo provides Google Calendar integration for everyone to easily make their calendar events more collaborative.
Once you integrate Allo Calendar with Google Calendar:
- All the existing events you have on Google Calendar will automatically appear on Allo Calendar with a canvas.
- All the events you newly create in your Google Calendar will automatically appear on Allo Calendar with a canvas.
- When creating a new event(canvas) in Allo Calendar, you can choose to make it appear on your Google Calendar as well
In this article, we will go through how to:
- Integrate Allo Calendar with Google Calendar
- Create a new event(canvas) in Allo Calendar that also appears on Google Calendar
- Disconnect the integrated Google Calendar with Allo Calendar
How to integrate Allo Calendar with Google Calendar
- In Allo’s Calendar tab, click the “Connect” button located towards the top.
- Log in to the Google Account that you want to integrate the Allo Calendar with.
- Click “Agree” to allow Allo to access your Google Account.
- All the calendars that connect with this Google Account will show up. Check all the calendars you want to connect with the Allo Calendar and click “Connect calendars”.
Note: As of now, one Google Account can only be integrated with one Allo workspace. If you integrate the same Google Account with another Allo workspace, the integration in the original Allo workspace will be disconnected automatically.
How to create a new event(canvas) in Allo Calendar that also appears on Google Calendar
- On Allo Calendar, click the date you want to create the event.
- Give the event(canvas) a name.
- Under the “Projects” section, select the Google Calendar you want the event to be in.
- (Optional) Under the “Due date” section, click “Add time” to set a specific start and due time for the event(canvas).
- Click “Create”.
- The newly created event will automatically appear in both the Allo Calendar and your Google Calendar.
Note: As of now, events that are created as a Google Calendar event, whether it is created in Allo Calendar or Google Calendar, can only be modified and deleted in Google Calendar.
How to disconnect the integrated Google Calendar
- In Allo’s Calendar tab, click the “Settings” button located towards the top.
- Click the “More options” button towards the button in the slide-in side panel.
- Click “Disconnect Google Calendar”.
- Confirm the action by clicking “Disconnect”.
Note: Once you disconnect your Google Calendar from Allo Calendar, you will also lose access to all the canvases that are linked to the Google Calendar events. You will need a canvas invitation to access them in the future.
Please sign in to leave a comment.