Project details help you to categorize and manage multiple projects more efficiently. For each project, we can set its privacy, default view, due date, and priority, just to list a few. To modify the project details, please follow the general steps below:
- Under the Projects tab, click the three-dot icon of the project.
- Select "Project details".
- Confirm changes by clicking the "Update project" button.
Let's take a look at each option in detail.
You can choose between "Public" or "Private" for your project's privacy settings. If it's set to "Public", all workspace members will have full access to the project. They can freely join or leave the project anytime. If it's set to "Private", you have control over who has access to the project.
- Only the project owner, which is the person who created the project by default, has the ability to change the project's privacy setting.
- When a project's privacy is switched from "Public to team" to "Private", nobody in the workspace will immediately lose access to the project. You will need to remove them manually.
Projects in ALLO can be viewed in three different views: Kanban, Calendar, and List. (To learn more about each of them, please refer to the article "Learn about the project views".)
Although you must choose a default view when you first create the project, you can change it at any time.
When you set a due date for a project, it will appear at the bottom of the project card and within the project for easy reference.
You can set a project's priority to "High," "Medium," or "Low."
You can assign one of three status options to your projects: "In Progress," "Paused," or "Completed." All the projects are automatically sorted into the following categories under ALLO Project, giving you a clear view of where each project stands:
- Active: This category displays all the projects with the status "In Progress". By default, all the projects are under this category.
- Completed: This category displays all the projects with the status "Completed".
- Paused: This category displays all the projects with the status "Paused".
- You can customize the project's color and icon by clicking on the project icon.