Allo Goals help you align and keep track of your and your team's collaborative objectives and key results more easily. In this article, we will talk about:
- What are OKR sessions and how to create them
- How to get started with setting up OKRs for the team
What are OKR sessions and how to create them
In Allo, creating OKRs is done in sessions. When you first create your workspace, a pre-created active session is already available, but you can also create additional sessions as needed. For instance, you can create one active session per team each quarter to keep track of their goals and progress individually.
Allo offers three different ways to view your sessions: the card view, list view, and timeline view. You can switch between views by selecting the preferred option from the top-right corner.
To create a new OKR session, follow the below steps:
- Under the Goals tab, select "Active sessions" from the left sidebar.
- Click the "Create session" button at the top of the screen.
- Name your session, set the timeframe(the period during which you want your OKRs to be tracked and ideally completed), and customize the check-in cadence and colors as desired.
- Click "Create" to save the session.
💡 Note: "Active sessions" in Allo only show the sessions that include the current timeframe. To view all other sessions, navigate to "All sessions" on the left sidebar.
To edit or delete an existing session, simply click on the three-dot icon next to the session and select the desired action from the drop-down menu.
How to get started with setting up OKRs for the team
OKRs consist of three levels: objectives, key results, and initiatives. Each level must be created separately. Key results should be created under an objective, and initiatives should be created under a key result. To create an objective, key result, or initiative, follow the below steps:
Create an objective
- Select an active session that you to create the OKR in.
- Click the "Create OKR" button located at the top of the screen.
- Select "Blank OKR" (If you want to use a template, please refer to the "OKR templates" article).
- Name the objective, assign an owner (either a team or teammate), and add tags and descriptions for the objective as needed.
- Click "Create objective".
Create a key result
- Under the objective that you want to create the key result, click the "Add keyresult" button.
- Name the key result and specify the unit, the initial value, and the target value.
- Click "Show advanced options" to assign an owner, collaborators, a due date, tags, and descriptions for the key result.
- Click "Create Key Result".
Create an initiative
- Click on the key result that you want to create the initiative under.
- Click "Add initiative".
- Enter a name for the initiative.
- Click "Create initiative".
Please sign in to leave a comment.