ALLO Goals enables you to establish goal hierarchies, fostering better organization and clarity. This means you can create relationships between different OKR sessions, as well as Objectives within the same session. For example, you can create an "Annual Goals 2023" session with overarching company OKRs for the year, and under that create 4 different child sessions for each quarter. On the other hand, under each session, you can start by creating a broad and ambitious OKR, and add related child OKRs to break it down into more manageable parts. For instance, you can create a main OKR for the entire product team to achieve together and have both the design and dev teams create their respective child OKRs based on the product team's OKR. In this article, we'll guide you on:
- How to create hierarchies between OKR sessions
- How to create hierarchies between OKRs within the same session
How to create hierarchies between OKR sessions
To assign relationships between OKR sessions, you can select a parent session directly when creating a new one. After selecting a parent session for the newly created session, the newly created session will be created under the parent session. You can also assign relationships to existing sessions by following the below steps:
- Click the three dots next to the session you want to assign a parent session to.
- Select "Edit".
- In the "Parent Session" section, select the session that you want to assign.
- Click "Save".
💡Tip: Easily visualize the connections between OKR sessions by using the left panel or accessing the list view and timeline view in the top-right corner under the "ALL SESSIONS" tab.
How to create hierarchies between OKRs within the same session
Similar to creating hierarchies between OKR sessions, to assign relationships between OKRs within the same session, you can select a parent objective directly when creating a new one. After selecting a parent objective for the newly created objective, the newly created objective will be created under the parent objective. You can also assign relationships to existing OKRs using one of the ways below:
Drag and drop
- Under the Tree view, toggle on the "Edit hierarchy" toggle.
- Drag an objective and drop it under another objective to create a hierarchy between them.
- Right-click on the objective you want to assign a parent objective to.
- Select "Edit".
- In the "Parent objective" section, select the objective that you want to assign.
- Click "Save changes".
💡Tip: To visualize the relationships between OKRs easily, we recommend using the Tree view. You can switch between the Tree or Chart view by selecting it in the top-right corner. You can also zoom in and out using your mouse scroll and click the expand icon in the top-right corner to view the chart in a larger size.