ALLO Dashboards offer customizable widgets that enable you to gather and organize vital information for yourself or your team. In this article, we will talk about:
- What kinds of information each widget provides
- How to create a new widget
- How to customize your widget
Learn about each widget
The Activity Feed widget
The Activity Feed widget provides real-time updates on your colleagues' work. By default, it shows activities from all integrated tools, but you can customize the view by applying filters based on specific apps, people, teams, and contents. For example, if you want to focus on updates related to the landing page project, you can set the filters as something like follows:
- Select all apps.
- Choose the relevant team members for the Member and Team filters (e.g., Tom, Rachel, and the design team).
- Filter out contents specific to the landing page project, such as the Landing Page PRD in Confluence, the design file in Figma, or the content file in Google Docs.
By applying these filters, you can quickly access updates related to the landing page project in one dashboard. Additionally, you can click on the name of a file, project, or task in the activity feed to instantly view the updated content.
- To apply filters based on Members, Teams, or Contents, you need to first select the apps you want to include.
- When multiple filters for members and teams are applied, all selected members and teams will be displayed in the activity feed. When filtering both members/teams and resources, only the selected resources that are associated with the selected members/teams will be shown. For example, if you select "James & the Product Team" for the member and team filters, and select the "Slack 'Dev team' channel", only the Slack messages sent by James or the Product Team in the Dev team channel will appear in the activity feed.
To learn more about the Activity Feed, please refer to this article.
The Chart widget
With the Chart widget in ALLO, you can easily keep an eye on important metrics from various tools you use. Simply select the desired app and choose the metric you want to track. You can also customize the chart type to visualize your data in the most effective way. Depending on the selected metric, chart type options such as Number, Line, Bar, and Table may be available. You can set various metrics in ALLO's chart widgets, such as the number of active issues in Jira for the week, the top active channels in Slack for the month, and the number of updates for files in Figma, among others.
If you want to view data from specific channels, projects, or files, you can utilize the Resource filter and select the desired resources. For example, you can choose the "Marketing team" channel in Slack and see the top message senders specific to that channel.
To learn more about the definition of each metric ALLO provides. Please refer to the article Chart metrics comprehensive guide.
The Pinboard widget
The Pinboard widget allows you to centralize all your essential files, links, projects, and canvases in one location. Simply click the Upload icon to upload any local files you have, connect to an ALLO Project or Canvas, or create URL shortcuts for quick access. To change the order of the contents, simply drag and drop them to reorganize. To rename or remove content from the pinboard, click on the three-dot icon next to the content's name.
The Schedule widget
The Schedule widget allows you to stay on top of your busy schedule by keeping track of all your meetings and events for the day. You can select calendars from ALLO, as well as any Google Calendars you've connected with ALLO, so that all your appointments are in one place.
Currently, in a collaborative dashboard, each widget can only display calendars from one account. If another person's account is already selected in the App dropdown menu and you choose your account again in the same widget, the other person's account will be automatically deselected. If you want to view multiple people's calendars or see other people's Google Calendar in ALLO, you need to subscribe to their calendars in Google Calendar. If you don't subscribe to their calendars, events from other people's calendars will not appear in ALLO.
To learn more about the Schedule widget. Please refer to the article Learn about the Calendar.
The To-Do widget
The To-Do widget is an easy-to-use tool for managing your personal tasks and priorities. Create a list of tasks and check the box to mark them as completed as you finish them. Members with edit permissions in the dashboard can modify or complete the to-do list.
How to create a new widget
To create a new widget with customized settings, follow the below steps:
- Click the "Create widget" button at the top of the Dashboard.
- Choose the type of widget you want to create.
- Customize your widget with your desired settings such as the thumbnail icon, name, theme, and more.
- Your changes will be saved and reflected in real-time.
💡 Note: You can create as many widgets as you need with different customizations.
How to customize your widgets
To change the settings of a widget, click the three-dot icon located in the top-right corner of the widget and select "Configure". You can customize the location of your widgets by dragging and dropping them to your desired location. To adjust the size of a widget, click and hold the bottom-right corner of the widget and drag it to your preferred size.