What are projects?
The Project section in Allo serves as your project management hub, where you can efficiently organize projects and tasks. A project is like a folder. Just as you use folders to store related documents on your computer, you use projects to group together related tasks.
In Allo, there are two types of projects: public and private. Public projects are accessible to all workspace members once created, allowing anyone to join or leave them at their discretion. On the other hand, private projects are only visible to you upon creation. However, you have the flexibility to invite collaborators to join and work on these projects with you.
What are tasks?
Tasks in Allo provide you with a comprehensive way to manage your work and to-do items within a project. They break down your project into manageable components. Here's the structure of a task in Allo:
- Subtasks: These allow you to list lower-level to-dos and easily track their completion.
- Canvas: You can create a visual canvas(online whiteboard) for each task, enhancing collaboration.
- Google Docs, Connected Goals, Related Links: Link and access all related documents, files, or OKRs directly within the task.
- Activity: Stay informed about the task's latest updates and progress via the Activity tab.
- Task details: Within a task's right sidebar, set essential details, including the project section, assignee, due date, tags, and collaborators.