In ALLO, projects can be categorized as either public or private. Public projects are accessible to all workspace members upon creation, allowing them to freely join or leave as needed. Private projects, conversely, are visible only to their creator initially. However, the project creator can invite collaborators to participate. In this article, we will talk about how to:
- Join a public project
- Invite others to a project
- Enter an external project that's shared with me
- Leave a project
How to join or leave a public project
If you've created a public project, you'll automatically be a part of it. However, if another workspace member creates a public project and doesn't add you to it, you'll need to join manually. Public projects that you haven't joined yet will appear under the "Not Joined" section. To join one, click the "Join Project" button.
How to invite others to a project
Whether it's a public or private project, you can invite both workspace members and external collaborators to work on the project with you. Once people are added to a project, they have full access to make modifications within it. Here's how to invite others:
- Inside the project, click the "Add member" button.
- To invite workspace members, simply type in their name or email and select them.
- To invite external collaborators who are not part of the workspace, click the "Manage" button in the bottom-right corner.
- Enter the email addresses of external collaborators and click "Invite via email." They will receive an invitation to join via email.
💡Note: If you invite someone who is not currently a member of the workspace via "Project Members," they will also receive an invitation to join the entire workspace. To invite external collaborators exclusively to a specific project, ensure you click the "Manage" button at the bottom to manage external collaborators.
How to enter an external project that's shared with me
You can find all the projects created under the workspace you're in by clicking on "All Projects" from the left sidebar. However, if you're invited to projects that are created under a workspace you're not a member of, you can access them by going to the "Shared with me" tab in the left sidebar.