We use canvases to collaborate and communicate, document meeting notes and discussions, and plan and iterate projects. Canvas details can be set to help you achieve your goals and organize your tasks more efficiently. For each canvas, we can set its column, assignee(owner), collaborators, date and time, tags, reminders, location, and tasks. To modify canvas details, follow the general steps below:
- Inside the canvas, click the "Info" icon at the top of the right sidebar.
- Modify the canvas details and all the changes will be saved automatically.
Let's take a look at each option in detail.
- This is the column that the canvas card will be displayed based on in the Kanban view, and the sections that will be shown in the List view.
- It helps to organize and group canvases within the same project.
Owners and collaborators
- People who're added as owners or collaborators will be automatically subscribed to the canvas and receive notifications about the activities on this canvas.
- 💡 Note: If you are an owner or a collaborator of the canvas but do not want to receive notifications, you can turn the notification off by clicking the bell icon and selecting "Notifications off" instead of "Get notifications" under canvas details when you're inside the canvas.
Date and time
- This is the date and time that the canvas card will be displayed based on in the Calendar view.
- If you decide to give the canvas a date and time, the due date will be the first thing you'll be setting. You can also add on due time, start date, and start time if they are needed.
- To set a due time, toggle off the "All day" toggle and select a time from the dropdown menu.
- Tags can be given both a name and a color. Each canvas can have as many tags as needed.
- To add more tags, click "Create a new tag", customize the name and color, and click "Create".
- To modify an existing tag, click the pencil icon at the right, give it a new name and/or color, and click "Save".
- Location is a useful property you can set when you are using the canvas to document a meeting, a discussion, or a workshop.
- Paste in a Zoom link address or enter the location for the event so everyone who will be participating knows where it is happening.
- You can set reminders at and before the start or due date and time of the canvas.
- When editing the canvas details, click "Add reminder" and select when you'll like to receive the reminder. You can set multiple reminders for one canvas.
- When the time you selected comes, you will receive a notification through the Allo app (both desktop and mobile apps).
- Note: Everyone who's subscribed to the canvas will be receiving the same notifications no matter who set them.
- Tasks are useful when you want to quickly jot down some to-dos.
- Click "+ Add a task" to enter the content, and hit "enter" on your keyboard when finished.
- Click the checkmark at the left to mark the task completed and click it again to mark it uncompleted.
- You can create as many tasks as you wish and even change their orders by dragging and dropping them directly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.