Configuring task details and connections can significantly enhance your ability to achieve your goals and efficiently organize your projects. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive breakdown of each task detail, guide you through how to set them, as well as the process of connecting tasks with related documents or goals.
Task details breakdown
- Task name: A concise title or description for the task you intend to work on.
- Section: Sections help to organize and group tasks within the same project. Task cards are displayed based on sections in both the Kanban view and the List view.
- Assignee: Each task can have one assignee, typically the person responsible for the task.
- Collaborators: Multiple collaborators can be assigned to a task, usually those working together on the task.
- Due date: Due dates assist in managing project timelines more effectively. Task cards are displayed based on the due date and time in the Calendar view.
- Tags: Tags can be given a name and a color, aiding in detailed task categorization. Tags are project-specific, meaning that tasks within the same project share the same tag selections.
Setting up task details
The most general way to set up task details is to click on the task. This will open up a panel from the right side of the screen. You can rename the task name by clicking on it directly and setting up other task details through the right sidebar. You can also edit most of the task details by clicking the three dots located on the right side of the task card and selecting "Edit task details".
💡 Extra tips for setting up task details:
- You can simply drag and drop a task card from one section to another in the Kanban and List view to change its section.
- Due date:
- To set a due time, toggle off the "All day" toggle and select a time from the dropdown menu.
- After setting up the due date, a start date can also be set. The task will be displayed as a continuous task throughout the dates in the Calendar view.
- You can simply drag and drop a task card from one date to another in the Calendar view to change its due date or modify its length to change its duration.
- To add more tags, click "Create a new tag", customize the name and color, and click "Create".
- To modify or delete an existing tag, click the pencil icon at the right to proceed.
Connecting tasks with related documents and goals
Tasks often involve various files or documents scattered across different platforms, all contributing to the accomplishment of a specific goal. Keeping this goal in mind is essential, as it ensures that all relevant assets stay connected and readily accessible. With Allo, you can effortlessly centralize all task-related elements within a task card, including Google Docs, Goals, and Links. Here's how:
- Inside a task, navigate to the tab where you wish to establish a connection, such as Connected Goals.
- Click the "Connect Goal" button.
- Search for or select the goals you want the task to connect with.
- Confirm the action by clicking “Connect”.
Once you've linked the task with related files or goals, you can conveniently access them directly inside the task card.
💡 Extra tip:
- When connecting Google Docs, you have the flexibility not only to select existing Google Docs from your Google Drive but also to create a new Google Doc directly within Allo. The newly created Google Doc will automatically be saved in your integrated Google Drive.