There are various features within a canvas that significantly boost collaboration, whether in real-time or asynchronously. While you'll typically use the canvas toolbars for collaboration, this article will focus on three other powerful collaboration-enhancing features:
- Video chat
- Presentation mode
Chatting can be useful when you want to share something that doesn't seem to fit into the flow of the canvas. To chat with your collaborators, follow the below steps:
- Enter the canvas you want to send a chat in.
- Click on the first tab "Chat" on the right sidebar.
- Type in the message you want to send (it could be texts, files, links, or anything!).
- Hit "Enter" or "Return" on your keyboard.
💡Note: You can even drag the files or links that are sent to the chat directly to the canvas.
When you're inside an ALLO canvas, you can start a video chat with other collaborators who are also inside the same canvas. Simply click the video chat (Camera) icon at the bottom right to begin. To change the cameras or microphones, click the gear setting icon after the video chat starts.
Note: Be sure to allow camera and mic permissions.
Video Chat FAQs
- Is there a limit to how many users can join a call?
- Yes, the maximum number of collaborators on a single canvas video chat is fifteen.
- Can guests join a video call?
- Yes. Feel free to invite guests into a call by sending them a canvas link which is located in the top right.
- Can I screen share using ALLO?
- No. Although users have found our Canvases useful enough to not need to screen share.
Presentation mode in the canvas enhances collaboration by allowing for a seamless and engaging way to share ideas and information during collaborative sessions. To start presenting the canvas as slides, click the Presentation mode (Play) icon (located in the upper left corner) to begin. Click the screen or see the left and right arrow keys located towards the bottom to proceed to the next page. Finally, use your keyboard and hit Esc to exit the presentation mode.
Presentation Mode FAQ's
- Can I turn off collaborators' cursors?
- Nope. Not at this moment.
- Can I send the canvas to someone in presentation mode?
- Not specifically, but you can send the canvas in view-only mode.
- Will GIFs play in presentation mode?
- Can I play videos in presentation mode?
- Yes. Click on the file preview to start the video.