There are cases where it is just more efficient to deliver our message via a speech. In Allo, you can upload an audio or video file directly onto the canvas for collaborators to watch, but moreover, you can record voice memos directly inside a canvas as well. This is a great way for you to record extra information on the lecture slides in advance for your students, or important parts of the meeting on the meeting notes for teammates to take a reference.
To record a voice memo inside a canvas, follow the below steps:
- Click on the plus icon ("More") in the toolbar located on the left.
- Select "Recorder".
- (First-time user only) Allow the microphone access
- Click on the big red round button to start recording.
- When the recording is done, click the stop button.
- Click "Retry" to rerecord or "Insert" to confirm the recording.
- Once the recording is inserted, a Voice memo object with your profile image would be inserted onto the canvas.
💡 Note: The maximum length for each Voice memo is 3 minutes for now.
Voice memos can be treated exactly the same as other canvas objects. Click once to select it and drag it to move it to the desired location on the canvas.
To play the Voice memo, select it first and click the play button in the middle. The playing progress will be shown in two places. One on the Voice memo object itself, and one on the progress bar which is set to be fixed towards the bottom of the screen. You can adjust the time and the volume using the bar.
To download the Voice memo to your computer, select it, and click "Download" in the toolbar next to the Voice memo object.
Please sign in to leave a comment.