Chatting can be useful when you want to share something that doesn't seem to fit into the flow of the canvas. Here are some use case examples of the chat feature in the canvas:
- When David is gathering some secondary research data in this canvas he created. You found something online that you think would be useful to David. However, you don't want to mess up what David is currently working on, so you put the information you want to share in the chat of that canvas.
- When the team is having a daily-standup meeting in the canvas, you got a phone call and need to leave early. Someone is currently talking about what they'll be doing for the day so you can't really interrupt. Instead, you put in that chat that you'll catch up with everyone later.
How to use the chat feature
Follow the below steps to chat with your collaborators in Allo:
- Enter the canvas you want to send a chat in
- Click on the second tab "Chat" on the right sidebar
- Type in the message you want to send (it could be texts, files, links, or anything!)
- Hit "Enter" or "Return" on your keyboard
Note: You can even drag the files or links that are sent to the chat directly to the canvas.